My mom always says that love is the antidote to judgement and fear. When you’re fearing and judging, you aren’t loving. There is a lot of fear and judgement in our world right now. I look for love everywhere I go. I met the person in this photo at Council Crest Park. He happens to be another photographer in Portland. We talked cameras for a little while and then I asked to take his photo. This is a detail from one of the portraits I took. I love love tattoos. What do you do to bring more love into your life?
It’s such an honor to photograph people I love, such as this lovely woman right here, Catherine. Catherine has become one of my very good friends over the past couple of years. A few things I love about her:
- She shows up and she’s loyal. And she doesn’t mind hanging out just to drink tea or walk around.
- She calls groups of people “team.” She even called a bunch of traffic team when we were stuck in traffic a month or so ago - “Okay, team, let’s speed this up...”
- She plans and throws parties that really bring people together with great food and activities.
- She likes nice things, and she’s generous to herself and others.
- She’s an all around badass.
I love spring for all its beautiful flowers, but especially magnolias. There are already so many of them blossoming around Portland! At the International Rose Test Garden, you can find all three of my favorite spring flower varieties: magnolias, cherry blossoms, and camellias. Read more about why spring sessions will rock your world by clicking here. Let’s go make some lovely, colorful photos together!
While on a walk across the Hawthorne Bridge last Tuesday, I turned around and saw the most beautiful rainbow. The rainbow came and went a couple of times, and at one point it became a double rainbow, which you can faintly see in this image. I’ve heard that quadruple rainbows are possible, though very rare. I’m a sucker for rainbows - they truly make things feel magical!